More
    HomeRussia"Echo" will echo // Journalists announced the restart of the popular radio...

    “Echo” will echo // Journalists announced the restart of the popular radio station

    Published on

    The Ekho Moskvy radio station, closed in March, will be relaunched as a website and social networks. This was announced on Thursday by journalist Maxim Kournikov, who became the head of the new Echo media network. Journalist Alexei Venediktov, who headed Ekho Moskvy for 24 years (included by the Ministry of Justice in the register of foreign agents after the radio station was closed), will continue to create the Living Nail program for the new platform. “This will be a digest of what Echo journalists do, scattered around the world, the Echo universe, united by the common idea of ​​professional journalism,” Alexei Venediktov described the idea of ​​the project to Kommersant.

    Former Alexei Kournikov, deputy editor-in-chief of Ekho Moskvy, told Dozhd (included in the register of foreign agents) on Thursday about the launch of the new media Echo. This will be the actual restart of the radio station closed in the spring, Mr. Kournikov explained: “There will be an application and a website, which was the site of Ekho Moskvy before. We are trying to combine all the Echo members into one audio stream (including podcasts and broadcasts on YouTube.— Kommersant)”. The new media is already being tested, the launch is scheduled for Monday, and it plans to exist on donations from subscribers. On March 2, the RKN stated that Ekho Moskvy “purposefully and systematically” posted “false information regarding the nature of the special military operation on the territory of Ukraine.” The media, according to the agency, published “calls for the organization of mass (public) events” in the Russian Federation.

    At the same time, Ekho Moskvy was blocked in the European Union as affiliated with the state corporation Gazprom. On March 3, the court fined Ekho Moskvy for 30,000 rubles. for the Ukrainian language in the program about Ukrainian culture “What do they have there”. On March 5, the board of directors of Ekho Moskvy closed the radio station, which had been operating since 1990.

    In April, Ekho Moskvy lost a lawsuit against the RKN and the Prosecutor General’s Office to block the site. Nevertheless, representatives of departments in court “under the protocol stated that they did not demand to close the radio station,” Aleksey Venediktov told Kommersant: “Now this is one of our arguments when appealing against the court’s decision (first instance.— Kommersant)”.

    Mr. Venediktov also said that within the framework of the new Echo media, a news service and a telegram channel will start working: “The same requirements, as to any other, first of all, it is a verification of facts and the reliability of information. Let me remind you that Echo’s information service was one of the best, so a telegram channel is being created. It is being tested right now by the guys who are doing this.”

    Both Mr. Kournikov and Mr. Venediktov note that the new media “will not be an editorial office or the media”, but should become a single platform for all content, since or otherwise created by former employees of Ekho Moskvy.

    Let us note that since February 24 (then the RF SVO began in Ukraine and the RKN appealed to the media “when preparing materials and publications related to the conduct of a special operation in connection with the situation in the LPR and DPR, they (the media and information resources.— Kommersant) are obliged to use information and data obtained by them only from official Russian sources”) by May 5, more than 3 thousand sites were blocked in Russia. Groups of Russian human rights activists have twice reported this to the UN and the OSCE. Simultaneously with Ekho Moskvy on March 1 (for the same reasons), the site of the Dozhd TV channel was blocked. A few days later, the channel announced its closure and relaunched on YouTube in July. Novaya Gazeta, after a series of reports by journalist Elena Kostyuchenko about what is happening on the territory of Ukraine, immediately received two warnings from Roskomnadzor about the absence of “foreign agency” markings. The editor-in-chief of Novaya Gazeta and Nobel Prize winner Dmitry Muratov suggested that the court limit itself to a fine, since the publication itself suspended its activities for a year. The publication was relaunched in two new projects — Novaya Gazeta Europe and New Story-Gazeta. Both sites were blocked by Roskomnadzor at the request of the Prosecutor General’s Office. On September 15, the Supreme Court revoked the license of the electronic media from the Novaya Gazeta website.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest articles

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...

    The activist told Izvestia about the mood of the protesters in Israel

    For now, the citizens of Israel are opting for peaceful forms of protest against...

    More like this

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...