The Holy Trinity icon by Andrei Rublev was brought to the Grabar Restoration Center. This was announced on Wednesday evening, July 19, by an Izvestia correspondent.
The footage shows that the masterpiece of icon painting is taken out in a special case. About a dozen men carry the icon. The case was placed in a special van.
The relic was transported by the Art Courier company, which specializes in the delivery of art objects. Specialists took the icon from the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and drove to the Grabar Center, accompanied by traffic police cars.
“Trinity” will be located in a room with a special temperature and humidity regime, a gas fire extinguishing system and technical security equipment.
Elena Prokhanova, head of the department for scientific and methodological work and exhibition activities of the Grabar Center, noted earlier that it provides the same storage conditions as the relic was in the Tretyakov Gallery. The temperature is maintained at 19 degrees and the humidity is 50%.”Trinity” is loved: how the famous icon was met in the Cathedral of Christ the Savior Andrei Rublev’s masterpiece is no longer a museum piece
On May 15, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree on the transfer of the icon from the Tretyakov Gallery to the Moscow Patriarchate.
After that, on June 4, the “Trinity” was delivered and installed in the center of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, where it was until July 19.
The Trinity icon is Rublev’s main work, painted between 1422 and 1427. The plot is based on the biblical story about the appearance of a deity to Abraham in the form of three angels.
After the revolution in 1929, it was transferred to the Tretyakov Gallery, where the icon was kept until recently.Share: