More
    HomeRussiala Repubblica: In Italy, the police are looking for a girl who...

    la Repubblica: In Italy, the police are looking for a girl who was kidnapped in a suitcase

    Published on

    Italian police have been looking for a five-year-old Peruvian girl who disappeared from a hotel in Florence for several days, reports La Repubblica.

    The incident happened on June 10th. Cataleya Mia Chisillo Alvarez, the daughter of Peruvian immigrants living with the other 140 illegal migrants in the former Astor Hotel in Florence, was placed in a suitcase by unknown assailants and abducted.

    The only witness to the crime was another girl. She is three years old. She lived in the same hotel as Cataleya, and said that she saw how an unknown man was dragging the kidnapped woman, and she was crying.

    After the first hours of unsuccessful searches, the Alvarez family announced through their lawyers that they intended to conduct their own investigation into kidnapping. The girl’s mother after the disappearance of the child out of desperation tried to commit suicide, she was hospitalized.

    The girl’s father, Miguel, suggested that the abduction may be an attempt to extort or pressure illegal migrants – earlier his family had already had problems with the former hotel where they settled. However, last Saturday all 140 migrants were forcibly evicted from Astor.

    “I think it’s a kidnapping. Maybe for extortion, I don’t know. I cannot judge. God will judge, but my little girl has nothing to do with it. I don’t want any more problems with anyone. I love my family,” said the father of the child. Miguel Alvarez later admitted that Cataleia could have been mistaken for another child and kidnapped by mistake.

    The police of Florence carefully searched the hotel building, but found neither the girl nor her traces. Italian law enforcement officials note that every day the chances of finding Cataleya alive are lower and lower.

    According to the Italian newspaper Ansa, the last testimony of the girl’s father may shed light on the abduction. He was able to recall several episodes that had taken place in the hotel over the past two or three months, which had been illegally occupied by migrants. The essence of these episodes is not disclosed, but Miguel Alvarez testified to the prosecutor for about an hour.

    Meanwhile, a video began to circulate on local social networks, in which Kataleya allegedly says that she wants to visit her parents, misses her mother and asks for help. “If anyone saw my kidnappers, contact the police. I hope this video will speed up my rescue, because every second is precious, ”says the voice on the recording. It was quickly established that the voice was mechanically synthesized, and the request for help was a fake, most likely created using a neural network.

    La Repubblica notes that the first illegal immigrants seized the Astor hotel back in September last year – then 54 families with 19 children settled there, mainly from Peru and other Latin American countries. However, over time, the number of squatters grew, and with it, crime in the area grew. Cases of violence in the neighborhoods adjacent to the hotel have increased several times. And the locals are not surprised by kidnapping – according to them, a lot of criminal elements revolved around the migrants, who did not shun extortion.

    One of the illegal immigrants named Manuel told the newspaper that in the Astor seized by squatters “an atmosphere of violence and chaos reigned.” He himself fled from Ecuador to Italy back in 2012. According to Manuel, there were many violent people among the illegals who threatened others with violence. An unpleasant episode happened to him in May of this year, as a result of which he was thrown from the balcony of the third floor, because of which he broke his arm.

    According to the preliminary investigation, it was possible to establish that the child was left alone for a long time. On June 10, the criminals had at least 1 hour and 45 minutes to kidnap Kataleya. Florence police have promised to review footage from all 1,500 surveillance cameras in the city soon to try to trace the intruders’ route.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest articles

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...

    The activist told Izvestia about the mood of the protesters in Israel

    For now, the citizens of Israel are opting for peaceful forms of protest against...

    More like this

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...