More
    HomeRussiaLinux lived, Linux is alive, Linux will live // ​​Software developers will...

    Linux lived, Linux is alive, Linux will live // ​​Software developers will have to adapt to the registry of domestic software

    Published on

    The Ministry of Digital Development is preparing new changes to the rules for including software products in the register of domestic software: in order to receive preferences in public procurement and tax benefits, vendors will have to adapt their solutions to Linux operating systems. Now most of the software of accredited developers is based only on Windows. To adapt, many products will have to be actually created from scratch, market participants say, involving Linux specialists, who may simply not be enough.

    Software developers included in the register of domestic software may be required to adapt their products to operating systems based on Linux, told Kommersant the head of the board of directors of Basalt SPO (developed Alt Linux) Alexei Smirnov:

    The requirement should be introduced in stages for various classes of software, Mr. Smirnov believes: “So, if for cryptographic protection, office software and database management systems it can be applied immediately without loss, then for industrial automation systems it will take about two years. In case of non-compliance with the requirements, the developer will be excluded from the register, he specified. The Ministry of Digital Development confirmed to Kommersant that such an initiative is being developed, adding that it is planned to determine the requirements for a compatible operating system. . In her opinion, the developers whose products are included in the registry should adapt them to the Russian OS: “This is the only way we can form a full-fledged domestic IT ecosystem.”

    Deputy General Director of Red Soft (Red OS”) Rustam Rustamov also supports the initiative, but admits that some programs will have to be created virtually from scratch as a result: “Including, for example, banking systems that have been written for Windows OS for twenty years.” Dmitry Komissarov, director of product development and development at New Cloud Technologies (MyOffice office suite), confirms that if the software initially worked only with foreign operating systems, its adaptation to Russian systems on Linux “will require investments comparable to developing a product with zero.”

    “The share of Linux devices is growing, but mainly due to deliveries to government agencies, the public sector and some state corporations,” one of Kommersant’s interlocutors clarifies. foundations wrote software for the corporate segment under Windows and Oracle, because they were and de facto remain the basic standards in it. “Kommersant”, a real market demand should appear: “Then a second team of developers specializing in Linux will be recruited, which, by the way, are very few. If there is no demand, the costs will have to be subsidized by the state.” Customers, the interlocutor of Kommersant claims, despite sanctions and restrictions, hope to “wait out on current versions of Windows” for the next few years. that the adaptation of 90% of the software from the registry will not require large investments or long-term development. “The other 10% is typically CAD and other engineering software, and will actually require building the product from scratch.” He also believes that developers will not need new subsidies to adapt their software: “the current support measures are enough.”

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest articles

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...

    The activist told Izvestia about the mood of the protesters in Israel

    For now, the citizens of Israel are opting for peaceful forms of protest against...

    More like this

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...