More
    HomeRussiaMontenegro expelled almost the entire diplomatic staff of the Russian embassy

    Montenegro expelled almost the entire diplomatic staff of the Russian embassy

    Published on

    Montenegro has expelled almost the entire staff of diplomats from the Russian embassy from the country, the diplomatic mission of the Russian Federation reports.

    “We confirm the fact of expulsion. Almost the entire diplomatic staff is being expelled. Due to the hostile actions of the Montenegrin authorities in relation to the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Montenegro, the work of the consular department of the embassy was stopped from September 30, 2022 for an indefinite period, ”TASS quotes Russian diplomats on Thursday, September 29.

    In addition, it is reported that the work of the consular department of the Russian embassy in Montenegro is suspended for an indefinite period against the background of the actions of the authorities.

    “Dear citizens of the Russian Federation, we are forced to inform you that due to the hostile actions of the Montenegrin authorities against the Russian Embassy in Montenegro, the work of the consular department of the Embassy has been stopped since September 30, 2022 for an indefinite period. For consular issues, it is possible to contact the embassies of the Russian Federation in neighboring countries, ”the Russian diplomatic mission notes on social networks.

    Earlier that day, Montenegro expelled six Russian diplomats, declaring them persona non Grata, to which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation promised to respond.

    On August 13, the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs reacted to the expulsion of a Russian diplomat from Montenegro. The official representative of the Foreign Ministry, Maria Zakharova, called this the next episode of the hybrid campaign unleashed by the West against Russia.

    On the eve of the Montenegrin authorities declared the Russian diplomat persona non grata. As Radio and Television of Montenegro reported with reference to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic, such a decision was made by the local authorities due to alleged actions on their part that violate the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. The name of the diplomat is not indicated.

    The Russian Embassy in Montenegro called the decision of the local authorities unreasonable. In early June, Zakharova noted that Russian diplomats expelled by the West were being transferred to higher priority areas. She said that today there is a “tuning” of the department’s personnel policy, which is of a long-term nature.

    In recent months, Russia has faced the mass expulsion of its diplomats from European states. This decision, in particular, was made by Poland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Bulgaria, Portugal, Ireland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Romania, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Greece and others. Russia, in turn, is taking retaliatory measures.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest articles

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...

    The activist told Izvestia about the mood of the protesters in Israel

    For now, the citizens of Israel are opting for peaceful forms of protest against...

    More like this

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...