Felix Sanchez, head coach of the Qatar national team, has called for ignoring rumors that several Ecuadorian national team players were bribed to lose in the opening match of the World Cup.
It was previously reported that eight Ecuadorian players received money to make their national team lose in the 2022 World Cup opening match against Qatar. It was reported that the players of Ecuador were paid a total of 7.4 million dollars for the Ecuadorians to lose the match with a score of 0:1.
Sanchez stated that a lot of false information is spreading on the Internet, and his team has been preparing for the tournament for a long time.
“We are united, strong and united, no one can destabilize us with this criticism, it will not affect us in any way,” he said, recalling that the World Cup will be the first for the Qatar team.
“The best thing that can happen to a team or a player is to ignore the rumors and the noise around,” he said.
The World Cup in Qatar will be held from 20 November to 18 December. The hosts’ game with Ecuador will take place on December 20 at the El Bait Stadium in El Howrah.