More
    HomeRussiaThe criminal case against Prigozhin will be stopped, the founder of Wagner...

    The criminal case against Prigozhin will be stopped, the founder of Wagner PMC will leave for Belarus. How did the rebellion end?

    Published on

    The criminal case of an armed rebellion against the founder of Wagner PMC Yevgeny Prigozhin will be dropped. This was announced by the press secretary of the President of Russia Dmitry Peskov.

    According to him, Prigozhin himself will go to Belarus. The guarantee of his departure is the word of Russian President Vladimir Putin. At the same time, a Kremlin spokesman said that he did not know where the businessman was currently located. Related materials: Beatings, threats of execution, theft of tanks. case of rebellion against Prigozhin, Surovikin turned to Wagner PMC, security has been strengthened in Moscow. What is known? June 24, 2023

    According to the version of the press service of the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko, negotiations with Prigozhin were conducted personally by the Belarusian leader in agreement with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The fact that Lukashenka was the mediator in the negotiations was later stated by Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov. Later, Peskov explained that the Belarusian leader proposed his candidacy as a negotiator, since he had known the head of Wagner PMC Yevgeny Prigozhin for about 20 years. Dmitry Peskov, Press Secretary of the President of RussiaThe mediation efforts of the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko were implemented, he summed up.

    What will happen to the Wagner fighters?

    Peskov assured that Wagner PMC fighters would not be prosecuted.Dmitry PeskovPress Secretary of the President of RussiaThe Kremlin spokesman added that these fighters would be offered to sign contracts with the Russian Defense Ministry. At the moment, the “Wagnerites” are leaving the center of Rostov-on-Don, where they previously settled in the knowledge of the headquarters of the Southern Military District (SMD). Also, heavy equipment and PMC tanks are leaving the city center. At the same time, the correspondent of Lenta.ru notes, when loading tanks onto automobile transport platforms on the central streets, the asphalt was damaged. Prigozhin himself was noticed among the fighters, sitting in the car. Where exactly he will go is unknown.

    How it all began

    On the evening of June 23, Prigozhin accused the Russian military of allegedly attacking the rear camps of the Wagner PMC. After that, he threatened to use force and destroy everyone who would block the way for the fighters of the group. Later, the FSB opened a case against Prigozhin for organizing an armed rebellion. Later, Wagner fighters appeared in Rostov-on-Don, and a convoy with their equipment was also noticed on the highway on the way to Moscow. A counter-terrorist operation regime has been declared in a number of regions. According to Peskov, in the near future it will be removed.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest articles

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...

    The activist told Izvestia about the mood of the protesters in Israel

    For now, the citizens of Israel are opting for peaceful forms of protest against...

    More like this

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...