– Congratulations on the release of the album “Prospis”! Tell us a little about him. To whom is the advice “sleep over” addressed – and what is embedded in this word?
– Thank you! Oversleep is my fourth solo album. In the four years of Lera’s creative life, a lot of different events happened – both funny, and sad, and even tragic, so the name “oversleep” really speaks for itself. It seems to me that every person in life has such a moment when you get lost in a series of bad events and think that you will never be able to live your adequate life. Everything around you literally destroys, nothing makes you happy anymore, and it really seems to you that it will always be like this. But at one moment you seem to wake up and throw off everything that used to interfere with you. So we managed to “sleep through”, so to speak, only in a creative way. I wanted to do something provocative and personal, which would be very different from previous albums, but at the same time, so that I could remain myself and be able to tell my story in a song.
— Your favorite song from the album you called “Let go”, because deep spiritual wounds are connected with it. Is it hard to perform this track, each time remembering that pain? Or does it work like therapy, and the emotions are gradually dulled?
— Every time I play this track, it becomes easier and easier for me. I don’t know how long this effect will last. But when at concerts I sing this “hymn of broken hearts” and see the return, tears, burning eyes that look at me from the audience, I understand that I simply have to let go of all this pain for the sake of my listeners and show by my example what is always needed move on no matter what happens.close 100% Just Lera’s personal archive
— What message did you put in the video for the song “Let go”?
– The main idea is that abuse is the most cruel thing that you can address your person. You need to leave the abuser – and the sooner the better. The video shows how difficult it is to leave this relationship, how I endure it all, and then give up because of another blow from the guy right in the soul, and just leave this relationship, let everything go.
— Should fans expect other videos for songs from the album?
— I have a big concert tour now. I have no idea yet how and where we will shoot the clip, but we will definitely. Perhaps even on a track that was not included in the album, but was very fond of my listeners.
– Under the song “Let go”, you published a video in which you said that you learned not to listen to the opinions of others about yourself and love your body. Give advice to girls (and not only) on how to come to unconditional love for yourself.
— Yes, I even launched a challenge together with VK Clips, the main idea of which is to show myself before / after turning points in life. One of these topics, of course, was my body: lately I have been facing a huge amount of hate about my body. It is unfortunate that people in our century continue to bully each other for appearance, because sometimes external changes occur for a reason. Perhaps this is some kind of disease that a person is struggling with, or maybe he is doing well. Unconditional love for yourself is not only the body, it is something hidden inside your soul, which no one should influence in any way. Never listen to people you don’t know and their opinions about your appearance, listen to your inner world and don’t be like everyone else, don’t be afraid to go beyond and be yourself – that’s cool!close 100% Just Lera’s personal archive
Do you watch videos that people post as part of the challenge? Maybe some stories have sunk into your soul?
– Yes, of course, I watch the video – it’s hard and cool at the same time. At some point, I understand that with our music we can support people, even motivate someone. And the main thing is to attract people to show their real life, and not a picture for social networks, where everyone is happy and does not know what problems and sadness are. After all, someone, perhaps, this can help get out of a state of depression.
— Can other people’s stories inspire you to a song? How do your compositions appear?
— In general, of course, any song is a story. All my songs were written by the Kaufman Music team, where my guys, Kauf (Alexander Kaufman) and Yanchik (Yan Suponenko), were inspired by me, my appearance, my behavior, my pain, and so on through the list of feelings. All my songs are a symbiosis of three people telling one story. It’s just that someone expresses it in music, someone in the text, someone in performance.
– Before a recent concert, Kaufman announced from the stage that there would be no performance – and then you left. Why did you decide to prank the audience so hard? What feedback did you receive from them?
— It was a real contrast of emotions. Ups and downs, just like in life. This concert was so emotional that I didn’t even get any feedback about our prank — I know that everyone was just very happy that the concert did take place, and they got high from the bottom of their hearts, just like me!
And it was also after Kauf said that I might not go on stage that we presented a new video for the track “Let go”, which at that time was not on the network!
— In your manner of performing songs (and especially in reading texts), you can feel feelings and sincerity. Do you really pass every word through yourself, or does automatism come with time? How difficult is it to experience so many emotions at a concert, performing many songs in a row? How do you feel emotionally after concerts?
— Since all the songs are written based on my life, of course, it’s hard not to pass everything through yourself. This is probably why I can give myself 100% at concerts, that’s why people feel my energy and charge, laugh and cry with me. Concerts are another story altogether. That connection with the audience that is felt at concerts is incomparable to anything, it’s like you are in the circle of your closest friends and you just scream at them about your pain, and they understand you and scream back about theirs, and it turns out it is a cycle of powerful energy and support for each other.
— What musicians influence do you feel on your work? Or, to put it another way, which of the artists are close to you in spirit – and why?
— I don’t listen to almost any of the artists, to be honest, and I don’t communicate with anyone, so it’s hard to answer this question. I love Lana Del Rey.
– On the net, you are called one of the most mysterious figures of the Russian stage. Why do you rarely give interviews and tell little about yourself?
— Every girl should have a mystery. It seems to me that I already tell a lot in my songs, and sometimes even too much, if we take the track “Batteries” as an example. close 100% Just Lera’s personal archive
– Your pseudonym is simply Lera. What is simplicity for you?
— Some questions are easier for me to answer “and listen to my track, there is an answer”. To this question, I advise you to listen to the tracks “Economy Taxi” and “Adik”. I am an ordinary girl, from an ordinary Minsk region, from an ordinary family. I used to live “simple”: just play the guitar in the entrance, just love, not counting on reciprocity, just sing. I don’t want anything in return.
– In one of the interviews you said that you lead a “strange way of life”. What is the strangeness?
– “I’m daring, drunk, strange, if anything, I can even give you a nickname” – a quote from “Battery”. I can jump off a mountain on a rope without any problems, I can open a beer with my teeth, I can lose my passport before the most important award, I can get dirty a second after putting on a thing, I can burn a toilet with a cigarette, I can cry in a second because of what happened a few years ago, I can not leave the house for several days and so on. They tell me that all this is strange, at times it seems so to me too.
— You are a member of the Kaufman label, with which Tim Belorussky collaborated. Tell us what you think of Tim as a person and an artist? Do you like his work, are you waiting for a new one?
– No comments.
— Do you know the Belarusian language? Do you allow the opportunity to record songs on it to popularize?
— The Belarusian language, of course, I know, not ideally. But thanks for the idea, perhaps we will somehow try to do something in Belarusian.