More
    HomeChinaU.S. search warrant lists Trump's possible criminal offenses

    U.S. search warrant lists Trump's possible criminal offenses

    Published on

    Washington, August 12 Approved by a U.S. federal district court judge, the search warrant executed by federal investigators when they recently raided former President Trump’s residence Mar-a-Lago was released on the 12th . The search warrant listed three possible criminal offenses by Trump.

    Possible criminal offenses listed in the search warrant include mishandling of federal government documents, obstruction of justice, and transmission of defense intelligence. Relevant charges, if convicted, can result in fines or imprisonment.

    The search warrant indicates that investigators are authorized to seize any document marked with a classified label, information involving the extraction, storage or transmission of defense intelligence material or classified documents, any official records during the Trump presidency, and evidence of deliberate alteration, destruction or concealment of official records or confidential documents.

    According to the public list of seized items, investigators took 33 items from Mar-a-Lago, including some documents marked as “top secret”.

    Trump issued a statement on the 12th saying that the documents had been declassified, slamming the US Department of Justice for “playing politics”. The former Republican president has previously accused Democrats of “weaponizing” the U.S. judicial system and continuing to “politically attack” him in order to prevent him from running for president again. U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said at a news conference on the 11th that he personally approved the application for a search warrant to the court and the execution of the search of Mar-a-Lago.

    On the 8th of this month, FBI personnel raided Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in Palm Beach, Florida. The residence was raided.

    U.S. law requires that all documents of the President of the United States be retained and transferred to the National Archives and Records Administration upon leaving office. The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration said in late January and early February that it had brought back 15 boxes of documents from Mar-a-Lago and that some paper documents from Trump’s presidency were “torn up.” Trump’s representatives said at the time that they would continue to search for documents due to the National Archives and Records Administration at Mar-a-Lago.

    US media reported in April that the Justice Department had launched a criminal investigation into whether Trump mishandled classified documents.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Latest articles

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...

    The activist told Izvestia about the mood of the protesters in Israel

    For now, the citizens of Israel are opting for peaceful forms of protest against...

    More like this

    Banks stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs

    Russian banks have stopped accepting dollars and euros through ATMs, Izvestia found out. ...

    Zelensky warned the EU against a non-European decision on exports from Ukraine

    President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky called the decision on the possible extension of restrictions...

    China warns against turning internet into 'battlefield'

    The Chinese authorities opposed the transformation of the Internet into a battlefield, as well...